Recent content by Cathy Cathy

  1. Cathy Cathy

    Mango: Will She Choose Career Success or Love on a Mango Farm?

    Mango looks like it’s tackling a pretty serious issue many people face: choosing between career and love. I understand Lærke’s struggle, but I feel like the farm and Alex represent an escape from reality. Sometimes, life isn’t as simple as trading in your corporate job for a quiet, peaceful life...
  2. Cathy Cathy

    No Mercy ~ An Intense Revenge Thriller Fueled by Deepfake Crime

    Ha So-Min’s story is tragic, but I appreciate that the drama doesn’t make her a perfect hero. She makes mistakes and faces real danger, which feels realistic. The way the scammers manipulated her family with technology was chilling. It made me think about how easily people can be deceived...
  3. Cathy Cathy

    Amazon’s Tomb Raider Show Lives, With Sophie Turner As Its Lead

    I have to admit, I'm disappointed with the casting of Sophie Turner as Lara Croft. She was great as Sansa Stark, but Lara Croft requires a different kind of energy and physicality that I don't think Turner possesses. The character is known for her strength, agility, and boldness, traits that I...
  4. Cathy Cathy

    Squid Game: The Challenge Season 2 – What to Expect

    People kept saying they wont watch the show but the Squid Game subreddit is most active when this reality show is on
  5. Cathy Cathy

    Lost ~ I'm Not Just a Failure, I'm an Invisible Failure

    Honestly, her husband is the worst part for me. He just watches her sink. His mother causes problems and he still expects his wife to say sorry? That’s not a marriage. It’s a prison. I’ve seen people like that. It kills love faster than anything.
  6. Cathy Cathy

    Tamra, the Island ~ Is This Gold Seaweed? I'm Gonna Be Rich!

    Park Kyu is the reason I kept watching this series. His character had so many layers. At first I thought he was just another cold male lead, but he slowly became one of the most thoughtful and loyal characters I’ve seen in a K-drama. The moment he chose to protect the foreigners showed his true...
  7. Cathy Cathy

    Douglas Burke’s Surfer To Screen At Tarantino’s New Beverly Cinema June 30

    Never heard of this film before, but now I’m interested. A movie that’s only available in theaters? In 2025? That’s unusual. I live in Los Angeles, so maybe I’ll check out the screening. Even if it’s weird, at least it’s different. That’s better than most things I’ve seen lately.
Back
Top