Recent content by Betchis

  1. Betchis

    Doctor Who Is Having A Lot Of Trouble Regenerating

    I actually enjoyed parts of Ncuti Gatwa's run, so it's disappointing to see it end like this. He had energy and charisma, and I don't think the problems were entirely on him. The writing felt inconsistent to me. Some episodes were fun, while others seemed more interested in shocking viewers than...
  2. Betchis

    The WONDERfools (2026) ~ In Search for the Child of Eternal Life

    Cha Eun-Woo playing the guy who already understands his powers before the others sounds like the smartest choice in the cast. I can already picture him acting tired while the other three keep making bad decisions. The funniest part to me is that they literally tried to dump a body in a toxic...
  3. Betchis

    Omniscient Reader | The Prophecy ~ I Know Everything. I Can Change the Ending.

    I never read the original web novel, so maybe that helped me enjoy this more. I went into the movie expecting a simple fantasy action story and ended up liking the survival game aspect a lot. The subway opening was probably my favorite part because it immediately showed how ugly people can...
  4. Betchis

    Seven (7) Must-Watch Wavve Original Korean Dramas

    S Line sounds insane in the best way possible. Korean dramas are really good at taking weird concepts and making them feel serious. The idea of everybody suddenly seeing each other’s sexual history would completely destroy society. I can already imagine politicians, celebrities, married couples...
  5. Betchis

    Paw Patrol 3 (2026) ~ To Be Released August 14, 2026

    My daughter loves Paw Patrol so we are definitely going to the theater on August 14. The story with the storm, the island full of dinosaurs and the volcano eruption looks exciting. Rex seems like a cool character. I hope they show good lessons about helping nature and working together. McKenna...
  6. Betchis

    Supergirl (2026): Yes, She’s Avenging a Dog

    I did not know Supergirl had such a heavy backstory. Remembering Krypton and failing her mission with Superman really changes how I see her. Now the movie is about saving her dog and chasing revenge with a young girl. It is not simple good versus bad. Director and producers have experience with...
  7. Betchis

    30 Popcorn-Worthy Korean Dramas That Are 10 Episodes (or Less) | Part 1 of 3

    I just finished Bitch and Rich last night and man the tension in that school was crazy. The poor girl pretending to be rich while the murder investigation gets closer felt so real. I like how it shows how money controls everything. If you want something short with high school drama and suspense...
  8. Betchis

    The Surprising Depth of Historical K-Dramas: What's Your Favorite?

    The Last Empress caught me off guard with its mix of comedy and dark palace secrets. The modern woman who becomes empress has to fight old traditions and crazy family members. Some episodes are funny while others show real danger. It uses exaggerated situations but still touches on abuse of...
  9. Betchis

    Two Lost Doctor Who Episodes Have Been Recovered

    Finally some good news for old school Who fans. Two episodes of The Daleks' Master Plan recovered after decades. That serial was always the big white whale because it never left the UK. The violence back then was shocking even for the show. Poor Sara Kingdom and Katarina both getting killed on...
  10. Betchis

    Elizabeth Banks Is The Miniature Wife

    I think the funniest part of the teaser was how she looked more annoyed than afraid. That small detail tells me the character might be sarcastic or strong-willed, which I appreciate. I am interested in how the writers will handle the power imbalance between them because that topic can easily...
  11. Betchis

    The Testament of Ann Lee ~ Feature Film Released in Venice, US and the UK

    7.1 on IMDb seems low for what people are saying. Trailer has me hooked already. The mix of drama and those joyful group dances is smart—it shows why people followed her even when life got hard. Mona Fastvold did a good job keeping it grounded. Seyfried deserves more credit; she carries heavy...
  12. Betchis

    Secret Garden ~ The K-Drama That Redefined Cinderella and Body-Swap Love Stories

    I rewatched it recently too. Still love how Ra-Im never changes for him, he has to change for her. That’s rare in these stories. Body swap gags never get old, especially the high heel training and fight scenes. The romance builds slow and believable. Joo-Won’s growth from jerk to protector is...
  13. Betchis

    Angel Eyes ~ First Love, Second Chances, Timeless Romance

    As a mom with limited time I needed something that grabs me fast. This one did. Short 20 episodes perfect length. The plot moves quick enough no boring fillers. Emotional but not dragging on forever. Soo-Wan’s journey from blind teen to strong adult is inspiring. Dong-Joo’s character development...
  14. Betchis

    What America’s Next Top Model Left Behind?

    ANTM was messy fun. Taught me confidence matters more than perfect face. Smize changed my selfie game lol. But the behind-scenes stuff sounds rough. Constant cameras, mean comments, exploitations for views. No wonder some girls speak out now. Good that Netflix does this doc. Time to hear real...
  15. Betchis

    Miss Moxy Opens In Theaters In The UK

    I am actually surprised this opened quietly in the UK without much noise. The story sounds very classic but also safe, which is not a bad thing for families. I like that it is based on a real cat story, even if they added kidnappers and a long journey. That makes it more emotional for kids but...
Back
Top