SLICE
You know, I have an ODD history with Kamen Rider.

My first Rider?

Like, first one I ever got to see in action?

Freaking ZO.

Seriously, for MONTHS that was the only Rider action I got to know and love.

Well, techincally I DID get to see the very first episode of 555 first, but that was before I really...knew anything about Kamen Rider. I still need to watch 555 actually. ...as well as most of the new school stuff....

But yeah. First Rider I REALLY watched was ZO.

Then I got to see Black, then Decade, then Amazon, then V3 and Kuuga, then Double, and now I'm watching OOOs, Stronger, X and sorta Super 1, if it ever gets picked back up again.

I've also seen the first episodes of the original, Sky Rider, Black RX (and the second episode. I....hate what they did with Black. Entirely. Just...seriously. BUT I'm going to watch it completely anyways. Just try to ignore who he's SUPPOSED to be....) Den-O, Agito (Which...I just couldn't get into at the time. It just seemed...so lame after finishing Kuuga. I'll try again later, now that's its been a while since I finished Kuuga, but...not too fond of it) and, well, 555.

Dunno if I'll want to watch Kabuto. His character....doesn't sound promising.

.........right, on topic.

In the end, if you don't HATE the show just keep watching. It's just 20 minutes, and it might surprise you. You never know how a series will go. It may turn out for the best or it may fall apart into total ****.

I find OOO to have become a solid show. It had a weak opening, not Blade weak but still not the best, especially after Double. But, it's found its footing. I do find the constant medal swapping irritating, I'll be honest. And I firmly believe that the show is being carried by Ankh and Eiji, as the other characters are STILL under-developed, bar maybe Hina, Kazari and Uva. The strength is that Eiji, Ankh and the two developed Greeeds are very interesting characters, and the progession of the story is building some speed. Add in solid fight sequences and yeah, solid show. Not the best by any stretch but a solid show.

Oh, and I thought Utopia was played perfectly. Outwardly unexpressive, emotional within. Really liked it. Took a while for me to dig the character but he worked at the end.

As for Goseiger...that's a bad show...so dull. Very uninteresting main characters. Unimpressive gimmick. Nice suit designs.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
As for Goseiger...that's a bad show...so dull. Very uninteresting main characters. Unimpressive gimmick.

By which you mean "they're kind and sweet, so they must be boring." What is it with this fandom that people will only like assholes and anti-hero types? What's so terribly wrong with a character who is actually a good, nice person?

Banned
By which you mean "they're kind and sweet, so they must be boring." What is it with this fandom that people will only like assholes and anti-hero types? What's so terribly wrong with a character who is actually a good, nice person?

Unless they're a red :p

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Unless they're a red :p

Not if they're a red. A nice Red gets bashed more for not being like ShinkenRed or BoukenRed, just like a nice Rider gets bashed. I suspect the main reason people like Eiji is his dynamic with Ankh, otherwise he'd get called "boring" as well

Banned
Not if they're a red. A nice Red gets bashed more for not being like ShinkenRed or BoukenRed, just like a nice Rider gets bashed. I suspect the main reason people like Eiji is his dynamic with Ankh, otherwise he'd get called "boring" as well

Well Eiji just rocks. Boukenred was a troll red. And Shinken Red.. He was.. erm.. He was red... :redface2:

Kuuguitar
As much as divisive OOO is (compared to Double, you'd think that everyone was bawwing like they did pre-Double), you gotta admit it's still better than Decade.

Plus, Eiji's one of the better written protagonists. He's still far more competent than Shinji or Ryotaro. :p

OOO is... OOO is... I actually don't know what to think of OOO. It feels like a show that is just "there", and I don't really hate it or love it, but I do appreciate that the writing staff has taken notes from Double.

So far, the writing has not really shown any flaws or plot holes. I was negative towards the form-changing in the beginning, because I thought it seemed very random, but they quickly started bringing strategy into it, and it became more like Double's form changing. I really like that they continued doing that.

One thing I don't like however is the medal swapping, which they have to do in order to showcase the different forms.
It is just SO convenient that every time Eiji drops any of his medals, he just HAPPENS to get hold of another set which just HAPPENS to create a combo.

Love the thread title :laugh:

I share the OP's view though. So far, to me, OOO is meh. I don't hate nor dislike it. It doesn't make me look forward to the next episode like W did. The only reason why I haven't give up hope is Ankh and Cake Boss :laugh:

Even the debut of Birth sparked little interest to me. Oh, another Metal Hero look alike Kamen Rider, I thought. I had negative reservations about Accel before so I'm willing to be proved wrong in this case.

Romantic hero.
I like OOO. Why? Because it's fun.

It's not the best of shows, it's not the worst of shows, but it's just a lot of fun.

I like how it explores desire, how it examines longing that consumes, ambitions that empower, and how one can fight one's own wants.

I like Eiji, who absolutely honestly simple but uses that simplicity as a weapon.

I like Ankh, who although self-serving, short-tempered, and arrogant, just seeks to live.

I like Date, who is sneaky, mercenary, but is good-natured and insightful.

I like the Greed, who are just out for their own survival and have interesting dynamics.

I like Kougami and his thundering hamminess and philosophical views on the beginnings.

I like the many-sided conflict and the stabbing of backs.

I even like the Candroids, who are just plain cute.

In-the-end, for me, Kamen Rider needs just four things:
  1. A hero who takes his power from darkness but tries to do good with it,
  2. motorcycles,
  3. a complex sub-theme,
  4. and fighting.

Last edited: