Forgotten Myths, an indie but ambitious trading card game created by Anchora Games and developed by Dream Harvesters, has launched its Kickstarter campaign. The game has been around in alpha and beta for a few years now, and although it is still undiscovered by many players, it has continued to grow with its community steadily since its alpha release. Forgotten Myths currently features over 360 cards, and is available to play on Steam (Win, Mac, Linux), iOS, and Android.
Forgotten Myths is set to have a number of different features, should it be released, such as:
- Unique Game Mechanics – Divided into a main phase and a spell phase, you have full control on the battlefield over your turn. With different slots on the field, you can come up with many strategies that rely on different card types, positioning, spells, and discarding.
- Fast Paced – The game is designed to play out in 5 minutes. Slot-based combat system allows the battle phase to resolve quickly without compromising from strategy, and you don’t need to worry about long boring games
- Hardcore Strategy – Most digital trading card games have oversimplified and gone all mainstream with their game mechanics. We’ve done the opposite and increased strategic depth by including positioning, and allowing different card types on the field.
- Auction House and Player Driven Economy – Buy and sell cards in a robust and fully featured auction house. A full player economy will allow you to trade and sell your cards as you build the ultimate collection.
- Guilds & Guilds Wars – You can form your guild, and recruit members to unlock exclusive guild cards. You can also wage wars with other guilds, defeat your enemies, and forge your dominion in the Forgotten Myths universe
- Comprehensive Ever Changing Single Player Campaign – We have an in depth Single Player Campaign, with rich story lines, and over 30 challenging quests with different difficulty levels
- Transformable Battlefield – The default 3D Battlefield can be changed by unlocking quest rewards that allows you to completely change or customize the table top battlefield
- Great Community – Whether you want to discuss strategies, join guilds, or just chat about the overpowered Coradian Spiritdancer, you’ll be welcomed
Forgotten Myths works with a common resource system for all factions and decks. These are special cards that give players Energy to be able to play other cards. The advantage of having a common resource for all factions is, you reduce the chance of getting ‘mana screwed’, or ‘energy screwed’. Moreover, Forgotten Myths hosts a unique discard mechanic, where each turn, you can discard any card from your hand to draw one card from your deck. You can find the game on Kickstarter here.