EA has revealed through their forums that the latest patch for FIFA 15 is now available for PC and PlayStation 4. Xbox One users will have to wait a short time before being able to download the update and there was no word about whether it will be coming to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. According to the patch notes the second title update brings a number of important changes to the annual soccer game, including modifying the behaviour of goalkeepers and improvements to the shooting mechanic. This will be good news to long-time fans who felt that only the very best players were able hit the target on a regular basis, while goalkeepers have demonstrated a number of problems in catching the ball and being lobbed frequently.
The rest of the changes to the game involve improvements to gameplay and fixes for a variety of bugs. The full list is as follows:
- (PS4) Fix for fans experiencing stuttering during online and offline gameplay.
- Added ability to call out the keeper in Pro Clubs.
- Fix for instances where Player Instructions in Seasons mode were not carrying over into gameplay via Team Management.
- Further improvements to Player Search in Career Mode.
- Adjusted Legendary difficulty in gameplay.
- Improvements to Goal Line Technology.
- Fix for match length issues in FIFA Ultimate Team Single Player Seasons matches.
- Updated real-world injuries and suspensions in Match Day Live.
- Improvements to ‘Looking Ahead’ audio in Career.
- Fixes to Player selection in Team Management in multiplayer matches.
- Tuned player specific audio speech in all modes.
- (XB1) Improvements to motion blur effects.
- (XB1) Fix to the display of FIFA Ultimate Team Legend players in the EA SPORTS Football Club widget.
The past few days have seen a large number of gamers taking to Twitter and online forums to complain about outages with the FIFA 15 online service. Users reported over the weekend that the EA servers were offline for hours at a time, leaving them unable to play multiplayer mode such as Ultimate Team. Other problems included transfers not completing but EA was quick to point out that they were investigating that problem. They haven’t officially addressed the server issues so far and it is unknown how widespread the problem is.