Logic Artists, the developers behind Expeditions: Viking, are gearing up for the game’s imminent release and as such have recorded a devs play video showcasing the latest in combat abilities available in Expeditions: Viking. This latest devs play arrives just three weeks before Expeditions: Viking is scheduled to release online and in stores on April 27, 2017. In this video, Logic Artists Creative Director, Jonas Wæver shows a number of the (more-than) 70 activatable combat abilities available in Expeditions: Viking. He had this to say about it:
“In Expeditions: Viking we created a class-free RPG where we wanted players to be able to experiment and synergize with a variety of different combat weapons and abilities. In this Developers Play Video, we’re showing how a player might build a group so that his or her weapons and skills work well together.”
The game is set to have a number of features upon release, including:
- Create your very own Viking chieftain! Carve out your character from our unique character system, where stats, skills, and abilities define your character’s role.
- Raiding or Trading? Vikings were known not only as violent warriors, but savvy tradesfolk. How will you find wealth, with the carrot or the stick?
- War and Politics: Side with various factions be they Norsemen, Picts, or Angles.
- Reputation: Be mindful of your choices, the stories of your actions may bring others to fear you, but will they trust you?
- Step into the pages of history: In a beautiful and visceral telling of the Nordic history.
As the newly appointed chieftain of a modest Viking clan, you’ll have a village of your very own. But to carve your name into the runestones of history you’ll need great strength, and great wealth to grow your village’s prosperity and renown. There is little left to be gained from the Norse lands and so you must set your sights on the the seas to the West, where tales speak of a great island filled with treasure ready for the taking. The game releases for Windows PC on April 27, 2017 and will be available online on Steam, GOG.com, GamersGate, and Greenman Gaming and in stores worldwide.