The free-to-play digital electronic version of Eight Minute Empire has now been given a DLC update that improves the title in many ways. Once this download is applied the Old Europe map will be free for everyone, and players will now have the ability to join any room and participate in any battle even if they don’t own the map it’s taking place on. Full patch notes are reproduced below:
- Old Europe map is free for everyone
- You can join any room and play online game, even if you don’t have particular map
- Added Play Again button for online games
- Added timer for synchronous mode
- Improved recruitment animation
- Fixed full-screen Linux bug
- Other minor game improvements
Just like in the original board game version of Eight Minute Empire, you must conquer the area, set up a fortress and dominate the land…but you’ve got less than ten minutes to do so. It’s an interesting twist on the strategy RPG that’s recently made its debut in video game form.
There are versions of Eight Minute Empire now available for PC, Mac and Linux, and cell phone versions for iOS and Android. Get to conquering, and make it snappy — you don’t have all day!