Bungie is set to make one of the most requested features available in Destiny from next week. A beta to allow players to communicate with other players in matchmaking events such as the Crucible and Strike missions will come with an update that is scheduled to release on November 18. If you are playing in any matchmaking game you can quickly switch between public chat and private Fireteam chat by toggling the option using the d-pad. Full details about the chat changes can be found on the Bungie website.
In other Destiny news, the Iron Banner event is set to return to the Crucible by the end of the week. The unique multiplayer mode offers players rewards for competing in specific game modes and allows level advantages to play a part in determining the outcome of games. Following criticism from the last event that the difference in level had little effect, Bungie has since made a number of changes to bring the Iron Banner closer to what people were originally expecting. The full list of changes being made to the Iron Banner event are as follows:
Power. Does. Matter! (no, really)
- Only players Level 20 and above can lead a Fireteam
- Players below Level 20 can accompany more powerful friends
- Players within 3 Levels can be competitive with each other
- Your DEFENSE rating affects how you take damage
- Wear your best (highest rated) armor
- Players out of your league will seem like a Boss
- Your ATTACK rating affects how you inflict damage
- Equip your best (highest rated) weapons
- Lower-level players wielding fully-upgraded weapons should still be considered a very credible threat!
Claim victory to gain reputation.
- Lord Saladin now has five ranks to obtain through victory
- Your previous Iron Banner rank has been preserved
- The Tempered buff is a twelve-hour boost in reputation gains
- Activate Tempered later during the event to catch up faster
Acquire exclusive Iron Banner rewards.
- Increase your Rank to unlock better gear
- Reforge weapons to reset progression with new perks
- Earn gauntlets and boots to move you closer to Level 30
- See Lord Saladin for details!
Quitters never win.
- Reputation gains are only awarded only to the winners
- Defeat grants a token to be redeemed after a future win
- You can carry up to five Iron Medallions at any time
- Partial reputation gains are earned instantly upon victory
Strike while the Iron is hot.
- Your reputation will be reset at the conclusion of this Iron Banner
- Like any competitive activity, each new event is a chance to regain your standing