Team17 and The Game Kitchen’s Blasphemous, best described as the 2D version of Dark Souls, suddenly has a lot more content. A free DLC update, The Stir Of Dawn, is available now on all platforms that adds a new storyline branch, more bosses, a new map system, a Spanish audio option and lots more.
The new story branch can only be experienced through a New Game+ playthrough…New Torment Mode gives you the challenge of facing the five Amanecidas. “Laudes – an ancient creation of the Miracle – has been awoken to challenge The Penitent One,” reads the story description.
Blasphemous is a fast-paced action platformer with a pseudo-Catholic flavor. Deep in the land of Cvstodia, a dark curse referred to as only The Miracle has twisted everything and turned the once-peaceful nation into a world of beasts. You play as The Penitent One, an armored soldier with a spiky sword. It’s your duty to hop all over Cvstodia, slash the deadly demons to ribbons, and lift the curse.
- Experience a new level of torment: Those who have completed the main campaign can take on a higher level of difficulty as part of the ‘New Game+’ New Torment mode, which also includes the brand new story content that all players are receiving
- Greater variety of gameplay options: Three different playstyles are available in New Torment through the all-new Penitence system, which offers tantalising rewards for those that can handle the handicaps that come with them
- Overcome new challenging bosses: Go forth on a journey to defeat the five Amanecidas, encountering new characters including Jibrael and Nacimiento along the way
- Be more brutal: The counterattack mechanic has been improved and seven new executions have been added, keeping combat impactful
- A more balanced Blasphemous: Enemies have been adjusted, new animations added, and players can now even pet the dog
- Get around Cvstodia in new ways: Travel is made easier for The Penitent One with further additions like a new map system and more warp points.’
The Stir Of Dawn is available now on all machines that run Blasphemous: Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, XBox One and PC.