One of the most fondly remembered action games of the Playstation 2 era is coming back — and sooner than you expected. Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance, a hack-and-slasher set in the D&D universe, has been remastered in 4K for modern consoles…and it’s coming tomorrow!
This epic adventure lets you control one of three playable heroes (or more than one if you’ve got a friend) through multiple environments across three acts. You’ll journey through the dungeons beneath Baldur’s Gate, deep into the Underdark and to the peak of Burning Eye mountain. And you’ll face off against some of D&D’s most iconic monsters, like swarming Kobolds or the Gelatinous Cube of “Pixar’s Onward” fame.
Why now? Because a sequel is on the way…Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance will be released next month; gameplay will be much like Baldur’s Gate except from a behind the back, third-person perspective.
- A re-release of the beloved console classic, now with 4K scaling on the Xbox or PS4 Pro.
- Three race and class combinations. Play as a dwarven fighter (Kromlech), a human archer (Vahn) or an elven sorceress (Adrianna).
- 11 vividly rendered spells, including Magic Missile, Otuluk’s Icy Sphere, and Mordenkainen’s Sword.
- More than 40 different types of monsters and boss villains.
- Over 25 active and passive skills to buff your adventurer’s ability to deal and take damage.
- Varied environments, from the sewers beneath the city of Baldur’s Gate, to the Sunset Mountains, to the Marshes of Chelimber.
- Four difficulty levels to challenge even the hardiest adventurer; “Easy”, “Normal”, “Hard” and “Extreme”.
- Fully voice-acted by an all-star cast.
- Local co-op support!
Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance will be released tomorrow, May 7 on Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Nintendo Switch, XBox One and XBox Series X. PC and mobile versions are planned too.