Last week we told you about the new puzzle platformer Ayo: A Rain Tale, which uses real-world situations as a base to create a fantastical adventure. Life in the sub-saharan African desert isn’t easy, but Ayo has the help of the supernatural Asili Twins to help her find water for her family. Then again, that giant bull hogging all the water for himself balances her chances out. Today the game is released on Steam.
“Ayo: A Rain Tale attempts the impossible and appears to succeed where few dare to tread: releasing a serious game that informs and entertains in equal measure,” says Ghaith Fleifel, founder & lead designer at Lebanon-based developer Inkline. “Waking up at dawn knowing your whole family depends on you would make most adults weak in the knees. The brave girls who walk miles and miles for clean water every day do so without complaints. They, like Ayo, are the real heroes – and they deserve our ongoing, unconditional support.”
* Explore Sub-Saharan lands by crawling, climbing, and double-jumping.
* Experience day and night cycles on your journey.
* Solve puzzles and push through boulders to advance.
* Discover hidden paths and avoid natural hazards.
* Withstand harsh desert heat and fight for strength and emotional balance.
* Face challenging enemies and confront Ja Thunderstorm!
Look for Ayo: A Rain Tale on Steam and the Mac App Store. It’ll be discounted by 30% during its first week — right now it costs just $6.99. Ayo will revert to its regular price of $9.99 on November 16.