Ayo is a little girl who lives in sub-Saharan Africa, a region of the world prone to severe drought. She’s trying to locate water for her family, but finding it in the desert isn’t going to be easy. To make matters worse, after surviving a sandstorm she finds herself lost. So begins Ayo: A Rain Tale, a new PC platformer game coming in one week.
You’ll traverse many areas jumping, climbing and solving puzzles in your search for water, sometimes aided by two magical twins called the Asili. Eventually Ayo will have to survive a boss battle with Ja Thunderstorm, a giant bull who has access to water and doesn’t intend to lose it.
* Explore Sub-Saharan lands by crawling, climbing, and double-jumping.
* Experience day and night cycles on your journey.
* Solve puzzles and push through boulders to advance.
* Withstand the harsh desert heat and fight for strength and emotional balance.
* Face challenging enemies and confront Ja Thunderstorm!
* Discover hidden paths and avoid natural hazards.
The game’s purpose is not just to entertain but to educate the masses about the plight of Sub-Saharan Africa — you can always turn the game off, but there are people that literally live it. 319 million, to be precise. Some of the areas in Ayo are fantasy-based, and people who live there don’t have to solve puzzles to advance, but the part about little girls having to crawl through the desert to search for water is 100% true.
Ayo: A Rain Tale will be out for Windows PC and Mac November 9.