Ubisoft has officially announced some new add-on content for Assassin’s Creed Syndicate. Since the game is conveniently set in Victorian Era London in the 1800s, it is pretty much a no brainer that the DLC will feature a campaign involving the horrific mystery that was Jack the Ripper, the world’s most infamous serial killer. In London, the Jack the Ripper murders took place in Whitechapel in 1888, while the events of Assassin’s Creed Syndicate are set in 1868. In other words, the events of the Jack the Ripper DLC have been confirmed as taking place 20 years after the events in the main game.
The Jack the Ripper DLC is set during the Autumn of Terror in Whitechapel in 1888. A killer’s abominable acts of murder and mutilation are terrorizing London, causing widespread panic and worldwide media attention. Players will join forcers with Inspector Frederick Abberline of Scotland Yard in order to track down Jack the Ripper in a game of cat and mouse with the infamous killer.
Here are some of the features for the Jack the Ripper DLC, courtesy of Ubisoft:
• Jack the Ripper campaign
• The Last Maharaja mission pack: Discover ten brand-new missions set within London and join Duleep Singh to reclaim his birthright as the Maharaja. In his quest to reclaim his heritage, he will take on the Templars and test his friendship with the queen.
• A Long Night exclusive mission: Help Jacob track down an endangered fellow gang member and bring him back to the hideout in a fast-paced, wild and dangerous ride.
• Streets of London gameplay pack: Gain access to over one hour of extra gameplay via new missions, and obtain additional weapons, gear and outfits.
• Two top-tier sets of gear and weapons: Give your arsenal a steam-powered twist with the Steampunk Pack and immerse yourself in the most famous novels of the Victorian era with the Victorian Legends Pack. Both sets include state-of-the art gear and weapons, as well as a new outfit.
• Exclusive XP boost: All Season Pass holders receive an exclusive permanent XP boost.
The Assassin’s Creed Syndicate: Jack the Ripper will be available separately for players or as part of the Season Pass. The Season Pass will be released for the Gold Edition of the game. Assassin’s Creed Syndicate will hit the shelves on October 23 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The Windows PC version hits on November 19. The release date of the Jack the Ripper DLC has not yet been revealed. You can check out the announcement trailer for the Jack the Ripper DLC below.