Two of the greatest PC adventure games of the 90s are coming back — and together for the first time. Flashback, created by Paul Cuisset, and Another World, developed by Eric Chahi, will be sold in a two-pack this November.
Flashback is the classic action adventure where scientist Conrad B. Hart wakes up on the moon of Saturn and must find a way to escape while being pursued by hostile aliens. It’s mostly the same game, but with these new features added:
• White or pink? Choose one of the two historic colors of Conrad’s T-shirt
• Play any level you’ve completed during the adventure
• Replay the cut scenes you’ve watched during the adventure
• Jukebox: enjoy the game’s music on demand
• Street Art Gallery: earn points during the adventure to unlock artworks
• Graphics filter and Post-FX
• Remastered music and sound effects
• A brand new “Rewind” function which lasts for different lengths of time, depending on the difficulty level
Another World was originally released in the US as Out Of This World, and used innovative polygon figures to tell its story. Lester Knight Chaykin is in a similar situation to Conrad B. Hart, except this guy seems to have landed on another planet by slipping through spacetime. Fortunately, not all the aliens are murderous in this one, and Lester has the help of a new friend in trying to escape.
• 3 levels of difficulty: Normal, Difficult (the original game’s level) and Hardcore
• A more immersive experience: choose between the remastered soundtrack and FX, the original sounds and the original CD soundtrack
• Upgrade from the original graphics to FULL HD
The Flashback / Another World two-pack will be sold physically November 21 for Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch and XBox One.