You know the drill with most 2D platformers….you’re a courageous hero with multiple abilities who must run around and stomp, shoot or kick a barrage of enemies, from lowly lumpy minions to fearsomely large bosses. One new platformer, Wunderling, flips the whole concept on its ear…by casting you not as the hero, but as a lowly Goomba-like character.
As the lowly Wunderling, sent on your mission by the ruling sorceress Kohlrabi, your job is to stop the superhero Carrot Man…but how, exactly? All you can do is jump, and you just learned how to do that. But figuring out puzzles with your limited abilities will help you advance, obtain new abilities, and eventually grow into a boss.
- Jump between platforms and solve puzzles with one hand!
- Discover a hidden treasure in each stage.
- Unlock hidden Wunder-moves like “Boost” and “Wall-Jump”!
- Enjoy beautiful bite-sized pixel art.
- Customize your Wunderling with a huge variety of accessories – including glasses, hats, video game references, and more!
- Laugh out loud with an original story by Alex Faciane (The Completionist/Super Beard Bros.).
- Listen to a nostalgic soundtrack by Ratvader (Oscar Sidoff Rydelius) of Else Heart.Break(), Anthill (Nintendo Switch), and Kenshō fame.
- Track down the hero: In Wunderling, YOU’RE the boss!
Wunderling is available now on Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam.