Darkwind Media and Fully Illustrated introduce Wulverblade, a bloody brawler set in ancient Britannia. The Romans are trying to take the homeland of Caradoc, Brennus and Guinevere — but they’ll have to get through them first. They’re angry and have literal axes to grind! Play as any of the three and carve up the Romans as quickly as possible.
Wulverblade is based on a real historical battle between the Roman army and the northern Brittanian tribe of the Caledonii. “[The game] contains enough historical facts and raw combat to feel like the real thing – and it even features drone videos shot in the actual locations,” says Michael Heald, creative director. “Sure, it’s stylized – but the fighting was that brutal and soldiers in the 9th Legion deserved to get their butts kicked by the Caledonii.”
“I dare say that playing Wulverblade has therapeutic value – and you’ll even learn a thing or two about Britannia’s gruesome past.”
* Bathe in the enemy’s blood in glorious 60 FPS.
* Add your name to the online leaderboards and earn some bragging rights!
* Immerse yourself in breathtaking 2D cinematic artwork.
* Explore 8 incredibly detailed levels set around northern Britannia.
* Battle the enemy using a uniquely refined combat system.
* Experience a rich historical and cultural storyline told through stunning animated shorts.
* Take in a powerful soundtrack from sound designers who worked on The Dark Knight Rises and Wrath of the Titans.
* Enjoy a variety of thoroughly engaging unlockable features.
Wulverblade is downloadable today on Steam and Playstation 4. If you’d like an XBox One version, that’s coming on January 31, so….just wait a few hours. If you have a Switch, the game was released on that platform last October. All versions cost $14.99.