We are now T minus 19 days from the release of Saber Interactive’s World War Z. In these final weeks, Saber is revealing more about the game’s content. At launch, four episodes spanning eleven levels will be available, and one of these episodes, “Stories In Tokyo,” is the focus of the latest trailer.
The new “Stories in Tokyo” gameplay trailer travels to Japan, where hordes of zombies will ambush survivors through narrow streets and dense urban jungles, battling players right up to the edge of the sea. The Tokyo episode will feature two missions available at launch, with a bonus mission arriving for free shortly after release.
World War Z is predominantly a multiplayer experience. You can play the main four-player co-op, utiilzing six distinct classes and tons of weapons and traps in locations set around the world, from New York to Moscow. Or you can try out Players Vs. Players Vs. Zombies, sending you against the undead and other players in any of these five modes:
- Scavenge Raid: Players race to secure resources across the map to win.
- Vaccine Hunt: Players must pick up and hold an objective to earn points for the team.
- Swarm Deathmatch: Two teams go head to head in a bitter fight to the end.
- Swarm Domination: Capture zones to earn points and win a team victory.
- King of the Hill: Capture a single hill, then control it to earn victory points.
Preorders for World War Z are open today and the prize is the Lobo Launch Pack, featuring three golden weapon skins and the dual-bladed Lobo spade. World War Z launches April 16 for Playstation 4, XBox One and PC.