You could say Saber Interactive’s World War Z has attracted quite the swarm. Saber has announced that just after seven days, the game — based on the movie — has sold over one million copies across all platforms.
“We are humbled and thrilled by the immense success so far of World War Z, especially on PC thanks to the tremendous support of the Epic Games Store,” says Saber Interactive CEO Matthew Karch. “Moving forward, we’ll continue to expand the game and its community with new improvements, stability updates and bonus gameplay content, beginning very soon with a special new mission for the Tokyo episode.”
World War Z is predominantly a multiplayer experience. You can play the main four-player co-op, utiilzing six distinct classes and tons of weapons and traps in locations set around the world, from New York to Moscow. Or you can try out Players Vs. Players Vs. Zombies, sending you against the undead and other players in any of these five modes:
- Scavenge Raid: Players race to secure resources across the map to win.
- Vaccine Hunt: Players must pick up and hold an objective to earn points for the team.
- Swarm Deathmatch: Two teams go head to head in a bitter fight to the end.
- Swarm Domination: Capture zones to earn points and win a team victory.
- King of the Hill: Capture a single hill, then control it to earn victory points.
World War Z is available now for $39.99 (PS4, XBox One) or $34.99 (Epic Games Store).