Didn’t think you’d hear any Wii-U specific game news this side of E3? No, me neither…
- Tablet will act as some form of link to the Assassin’s Creed “Animus”
- Tablet can feature a map on-screen, as well as other navigation tools
- Animus Database entries may pop up on the controller screen
- Character biographies and bits of information that would normally be on your TV can be displayed on the controller
- These can be read later at your leisure
- Touchscreen weapon selection during combat
- Quick change from dual-wield combat to single with a touch
- Use the touch screen to view Eagle Vision
- Use the built-in accelerometer to control the camera view while in Eagle Vision.
Sounds like Ubisoft are putting the controller to good use. I’m hoping the ability to stream the game to the controller so the TV can be watched by someone else becomes the norm also.