We’re just days away from the release of CD Project Red’s Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales. In accordance, we just got a new trailer from the studio showing off never-before-seen locations and characters, as well as game mechanics and battles.
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is a spinoff of the Gwent card game that tells a new tale set in Geralt’s universe. The story takes over 30 hours to experience in its entirety, and that’s not counting the 75-plus side quests that are optional. Folks who preorder the game will receive these items instantly:
- Official Thronebreaker Soundtrack
- Digital version of GWENT: Art of The Witcher Card Game artbook from Dark Horse
- Concept art, including the map of Lyria
- The Witcher graphic novel “Fox Children” by Dark Horse
- 2 in-game GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Player Titles
- 2 in-game GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Player Avatars
- 5 premium kegs for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game
“Thronebreaker is almost here and we couldn’t be happier,” says Marcin Iwiński, co-founder at CD Projekt Red. “What started as a single-player adventure for a multiplayer card game quickly outgrew the original concept and became a game in its own right.”
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales will be out October 23 on PC. A console version for Playstation 4 and XBox One will follow on December 4.