Published by BadLand Games, Vostok Inc. lets you play as a corrupt, narcissistic yuppie setting out to make as much money as humanly possible in this greed-driven twin-stick shooter without a conscience. As the newly-appointed CEO of Vostok Inc., you have one goal: to become filthy, stinking rich. Piloting your very own ship, explore and exploit more than 40 planets across six different solar systems in your quest to earn ludicrous amounts of money. Start by landing on any planet to begin colonization, build factories, and rake in the big bucks. Once the money starts flowing, you’ll be able to upgrade your ship’s weapons and augmentations. Increase profits even further by finding and recruiting managers, consultants, and executives scattered throughout the galaxy.
Of course, Vostok Inc. wouldn’t be much of a shooter if there weren’t enemies to blast on the way to untold riches. You’ll encounter a variety of different alien races (each with their own agenda) with assets ready for “liquidation.” Each dead enemy, defeated boss, and vanquished environmental hazard drops loot, making every encounter a ripe business opportunity. Vostok Inc is set to have a number of features, including:
- Explore more than 40 planets over 6 solar systems.
- Land on any planet to begin extracting resources.
- Craft and upgrade an arsenal of 40+ diverse weapons and ship augmentations.
- Collect loot from fallen enemies, bosses or environmental hazards.
- Find and recruit managers, consultants, and executives scattered throughout the galaxy, and keep them happy to boost planetside production.
- Play 13 minigames to unlock massive ship and weapon upgrades.
- Enjoy an adaptive audio system, with music that constantly evolves as you play.
- Use the same save game across a variety of devices.
ndreas Firnigl, Managing Director & Designer of Nosebleed Interactive, spoke about the game, saying:
“Vostok Inc. started life as a game jam, but given how addicted the team all got to the prototype, we knew it was something we needed to turn into a full-blown game. I often find myself torn between wanting to play stuff while watching TV and having a proper sit down session with a game. Vostok Inc.’s blend of idle clicker metagame and twin-stick arcade action means I can play how I want and enjoy it as much in short bursts, like during a commercial break, as I can in long gaming sessions.”