Two Expansions Coming For Lord of the Rings Roleplaying
Free League’s Lord of the Rings Roleplaying, their 5E compatible variant of the TTRPG The One Ring, continues to grow. Two additional expansions to the game were just announced for a fall release.
These expansions are not exactly “new.” Like LOTR Roleplaying itself, they are modifications of pre-existing, non-5E compatible products. Tales From Eriador and Ruins of Eriador were originally released under the titles Tales From the Lone-Lands and Ruins of the Lost Realm respectively. But here’s what you can find in ’em….
Tales From Eriador includes the following adventures:
- A Troll-Hole, If Ever There Was One and Kings of Little Kingdoms are relatively self-contained adventures, but still hint at a growing danger.
- Messing About In Boats involves directly one member of the Company, in an unexpected way!
- Not To Strike Without Need and Wonder of the Northern World follow the slow infiltration of spies of the Enemy.
- The Quest of Amon Guruthos challenges the heroes to battle an ancient evil.
With Ruins of Eriador, you get:
- Chapter 1: Fog Over Eriador offers a description of the regions that once were part of the kingdom of Arnor, with a focus on the city of Tharbad.
- Chapter 2: A Gathering Storm provides the Loremaster with a set of narrative elements aimed at building a possible future for the land of Eriador as a whole, including the description of many looming threats, Loremaster characters and their agendas.
- Chapter 3: Landmarks adds twelve sites of interest in the style of the one presented in the core volume. These locations depict both ‘historical’ sites mentioned in The Lord of the Rings™ or The Hobbit™, and others that have been created specifically for the game.
Storywise, the content is the same between the One Ring and LOTR Roleplaying versions. The only difference is the rules work a bit differently. Pre-orders are now open for these expansions; anyone who puts their money down will receive a free digital PDF of the books, months in advance of the official release in the fall.
Loading new replies...
Join the full discussion at the PopGeeks.com - Books, Film, Video Games, Animation Discussion →