If you’re a PC gamer, you now have a throne to break! Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales has launched for the platform! Thronebreaker is a spinoff of the Gwent card game that tells a new tale set in Geralt’s universe. The story takes over 30 hours to experience in its entirety, and that’s not counting the 75-plus side quests that are optional.
“Today is the day I’ve been looking forward to for a while,” says Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz, game director at CD Projket Red. “The team has poured much love, passion and hard work into making Thronebreaker a true-born RPG, and a Witcher world adventure to boot. I hope that players will enjoy the experience we’ve prepared for them — from the mature, choice-driven tale it tells, to the characters they’ll meet on their journey, to challenging puzzles and story-driven battles.”
CD Projekt Red offered some extra bonuses for those who preordered the game. They’ve announced that these bonuses will also apply to those who buy the game during its post-launch period. Buy now on GOG.com and you’ll get the following:
- Official Thronebreaker Soundtrack
- Digital version of GWENT: Art of The Witcher Card Game artbook from Dark Horse
- Concept art, including the map of Lyria
- The Witcher graphic novel “Fox Children” by Dark Horse
- 2 in-game GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Player Titles
- 2 in-game GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Player Avatars
- 5 premium kegs for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game
And if you’re a console gamer, Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales will be out for Playstation 4 and XBox One December 4.