Patch 5.1 for Final Fantasy 14: Shadowbringers is out there! It’s the first major update since the launch of the third expansion, and it brings with it a ton of new content.
The official name of the update is Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty, and it will introduce the anticipated YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid, a crossover with Square’s NieR series. You’ll leam up with “2P,” an android, and explore a 24-player raid dungeon, experiencing a new story along the way. The event was produced with the cooperation of guest creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO.
There’s far more too. Check out everything else you get:
- Main Scenario Quests – The next chapter in the acclaimed Shadowbringers main storyline.
- 24-Player Alliance Raid: “The Copied Factory” – Featuring Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO as guest creators, players will battle against machine lifeforms as they explore this new raid dungeon inspired by the world of NieR.
- New Game+ – Revisit previously completed quests, cutscenes, dialogue, and battles while keeping your current character and level. Patch 5.1 includes the main scenario quests for Heavensward™, Stormblood™, and Shadowbringers.
- Trial: Hades (Extreme) – Players can relive the battle against this fearsome foe in a high-difficulty battle challenge.
- Dungeon: “The Grand Cosmos” – Players can explore this great palace built by the Elves alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- Beast Tribe Quests – Enter the fantastical Garden of Dreams, Lyhe Mheg—a new area featuring a new questline with more of the mischief-loving pixies.
- Job Adjustments – The ninja, samurai, and summoner jobs will receive comprehensive adjustments to their current playstyles, while other jobs will receive various smaller changes.
- Crafting and Gathering Overhaul – Various adjustments to actions, the removal of additional actions, UI improvements, and more will enhance the gathering and crafting experience for beginners and veterans alike.
- Gold Saucer GATE “The Slice is Right” – Yojimbo makes his debut at the Gold Saucer in this new mini game that will test players’ reflexes…and sheer luck.
- Patch 5.1 will also feature the introduction of the ‘Fellowship’ community system, updates to Performance Actions, system updates, and more.
You can find Final Fantasy 14 on Playstation 4, PC and Mac. Patch 5.1, with the NiER stuff and more, ls live now.