The list of nominees for the 93rd Academy Awards was released yesterday, and it marks a weird moment for the Oscars, which is now celebrating twelve months of what was largely a dead zone for the industry. Theaters were shut down for most of 2020 and a lot of of them remain closed. Somehow, a full list of nominees was produced, but due to the consequence of nothing playing, it’s the most unfamiliar-to-non-critics list in a long time. The ceremony is destined to receive record low ratings…there just ain’t much buzz for something called “Mank.”
The Pandemic makes it challenging to predict when will the global economy opens up again.Disney tried to cut with their losses by making a Cinematic movie like Mulan into a rental movie. It resulted in an overly polarizing reaction from the audiences and critics alike. Theatrical releases from Motion Picture companies are becoming rare. Most theaters have reruns and Independent films.
We feel sorry for any Fortnite fan who took a hike into the mountains today with no Internet connections, and returned this evening to find the whole world topsy-turvy. Sit down and let us tell the tale, it’s been a wild last few hours.
Composer Stemage has worked on professional jobs both good (Steven Universe) and bad (Bubsy: Paws On Fire!) His most recently released creation is the soundtrack for the Apple Arcade game Card Of Darkness, and if you enjoyed the tunes, you can now purchase them separately in the official soundtrack release.
Capcom wound up introducing a brand new game at the Apple Arcade launch: a sidescrolling deep-sea exploration title with the mouthful name of Shinsekai: Into the Depths. You’re a diver plunging into the depths of the ocean, scavenging for supplies and resources. Capcom suggests the reason you’re doing this is because you’re the last human alive after another Ice Age hits, but….yikes, we hope it’s not THAT dire.
ChuChu Rocket, the Dreamcast classic, is back….sort of. The long-overdue sequel game ChuChu Rocket Universe — 20 years in the making — is finally here, but currently the only version of it is locked behind a pay subscription service.
Apple had confirmed that the App Store is set to see a price increase of 25% in the United Kingdom. The change to pricing, which will come into effect within the next few days, has been blamed on Brexit – the process by which the UK will be leaving the European Union.
Do you ever find yourself thinking about the ancient computers you had to practice on in the school computer lab? Remember creating weird doodles on Kid Pix or traveling the Oregon Trail? You might assume the only way to ever mess with them again is to find one on eBay, which would be too much trouble for ten minutes’ worth of nostalgia.
If you want the opinion of this reporter, the cable business model worked better back when the TV was the only device in your house that lit up and showed pictures. Since it was your only source of entertainment besides books, it made sense to pay for as many channels as possible. Nowadays our attention is divided between so many devices, websites and apps that most cable networks go unviewed, especially those networks where 90% of their programming is super-cheap reality shows and the other 10% is infomercials. Not only are many cable channels useless, but the prices demanded for them are outrageous. Something is going to give soon.
Development team Zojoi and indie games partner Reverb Triple XP announced the release date of their remake of the classic 80s point-and-click adventure game Shadowgate. The title is set to launch this summer for the PC, Mac, iOS and Android tablets.
When big companies merge or buy each other out, they usually have a lot of reasons. N0, not for the benefit of the consumer, silly. Lots of reasons with pictures of presidents on them.