Developer Veewo Games and publisher Team17 will be launching the roguelike action shooter Neon Abyss on consoles and PC July 14, but if you’ve got a Switch you can play a little bit of the game yourself today.
The New Gods have taken over the world, and it’s your duty to stop them! Face off against the Gods of Fast Food, Mobile Video, Plushies and more, plus their endless armies, by firing endlessly in all directions. Find power-ups and outfit your guy with new abilities. Raise monsters and watch them evolve as they trail you on your path of destruction. And when all that somehow becomes tiring, take a breather with numerous off-the-wall minigames.
* EVOLVING DUNGEON: Explore the unique and expandable underworld of the neon abyss. Choose a personalised upgrade path to expand the dungeon and unlock new rooms, bosses, items, special rules, and new endings.
* UNLIMITED ITEM SYNERGIES: Passive effects between items stack and affect each other, with no limit to the number of effects that can be applied to the player’s character.
* EXPANSIVE CONTENT: Dynamically generated maps, over 400 items, dozens of monsters with different styles, and countless secrets ensure that no adventure through the abyss is the same.
* PETS HATCHING & EVOLVING: As you descend into the abyss, find and nurture eggs until they hatch into a random pet. Each pet has a special ability and most can evolve as the action continues.
* MINI-GAMES: Unique rooms of mini-games can be discovered in the dungeon, each one with new mechanics and rules. Take part in piano performances, dance competitions, fight clubs, and much more.
You’ll be able to play the full version of Team17’s Neon Abyss starting July 14 on Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC.