Trese Brother Games has been diligently polishing their Steam Early Access RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers, over the last eight months. Within that time frame they’ve uploaded a whopping eighty updates. Now at least the game is complete, and it’s live on Steam!
In Star Traders: Frontiers you’ll assemble a crew and jet across the galaxy, having adventures as…well, that’s up to you. Are you law enforcers or criminals? Merchants, bounty hunters or pirates? Take any role in the space society you want.
The galaxy is procedurally generated, but that doesn’t mean it’s without detail. Every single member of your crew will have their own history, personality traits and talents, and they’ll grow and change as the game’s story progresses. Your main objective in Star Traders: Frontiers will be to become stronger through leveling and collecting, and there’s a lot to earn-slash-find.
- Explore a rich, open universe: Discover endless procedurally-generated galactic maps, meet unique characters, and take on enemies to conquer the galaxy!
- Become an intergalactic captain: Take on the role of a spy, smuggler, explorer, pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more (26 jobs total)!
- Customize your own spaceship: Choose from more than 300 upgrades and build your very own vessel to venture across the vast reaches of space.
- Assemble and tailor a loyal crew: Assign talents and equip specialized gear for every spaceship crew member.
- Experience an ever-changing narrative: Decide to make friends or foes with other factions and influence political, economic, and personal vendettas.
- Shape the crew based on player choices: As you make decisions and set the tone for your ship, your crew will grow and change to match. Destroy enemy ships with all hands on deck and your crew will become more bloodthirsty and savage. Explore distant worlds and loot dangerous wastelands and your crew will become intrepid and clever – or scarred and half-mad.
Star Traders: Frontiers is available on Steam today at a discounted price of $11.99 (it’ll return to its normal MSRP of $14.99 in about a week). Versions are in the works for PC, Mac and Linux.