Trese Brothers Games is bringing Star Traders: Frontiers to this galaxy next week. It’s best described as No Man’s Sky crossed with Star Trek.
First there was the Exodus – when survivors of a great war piled into their hive ships and left the Galactic Core behind in search of a new home in the stars. Scattered worlds were claimed on the fringe of the galaxy. Each pocket of survivors held on to an isolated set of worlds while trying to rebuild under the great law of Shalun. Three centuries later, technology has brought them back together again. Discovery of the hyperwarp has bridged what was once an unimaginable distance between far-flung colonies, long-lost families, and political factions.
With that reunification has come great economic prosperity. The hyperwarp reestablished the transportation of cargo, goods, and technologies between the quadrants – but it has also brought great strife. Political rivalries have been rekindled, blood has been shed in age-old feuds, and the fires of war have been stoked. Amidst the political infighting, a ruthless revolution is rising – and the fervent explorers of the hyperwarp have awoken something that was better left asleep.
Star Traders is a procedurally generated universe-exploring game You’ll be able to customize your ship with over 300 possible upgrades and recruit many members, each with their own personality, history and talents. You’ll be able to take your starship crew on whatever journey you desire, for whatever purpose tickles your fancy — be law-upholders, bounty hunters or space pirates.
* Explore a rich, open universe: Discover endless procedurally-generated galactic maps, meet unique characters, and face off against enemies to conquer the galaxy!
* Become an intergalactic captain: Take on the role of a spy, smuggler, explorer, pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more (21 jobs total)!
* Customize your own spaceship: Choose from more than 300 upgrades and build your very own vessel to venture across the vast reaches of space.
* Assemble and tailor a loyal crew: Assign talents and equip specialized gear for every spaceship crew member.
* Experience an ever-changing narrative: Decide to make friends or foes with other factions and influence political, economic, and personal matters.
Star Traders: Frontiers will be out on Steam Early Access this coming Tuesday, November 14. The first week, the game will be 20 percent off at $11.99. On November 21, the price will revert to normal at $14.99.