As Solstice Chronicles: MIA’s Fig crowdfunding campaign hits 94% of its initial funding goal, the developers at Ironward have unveiled a much-anticipated feature: Survival Mode. This mode is essentially the twin-stick-shooter equivalent of The Red Solstice, the team’s previous game set in the same universe, where you’ll fight off waves of oncoming enemies as you try to scavenge your surroundings for supplies.
Survival Mode features include:
- Defend against endless waves
- Overall difficulty increases over time
- Explore open map and gather new equipment and skills
- Upgrade character and equipment with each successful evac (EVAC appears every few min)
- Manage your resources
- Build your base(barricades, ammo stations, etc.)
- Random supplies, enemy spawns, evacs – replayability
Coming to PC and PlayStation 4 later this year, Solstice Chronicles: MIA is a sci-fi, twin-stick shooter with a tactical edge. In addition to customizable skill-trees and upgradeable weaponry, players must use the drone’s abilities wisely, making fight-or-flight decisions to manipulate threat levels and balance risk versus reward. Using ‘Scout’, for example, will send the drone out for supplies, but make the fight more difficult, while ‘Taunt’ causes the drone to lure in larger waves of weaker enemies. ‘Bomb’ will decimate your enemies, but the next wave will push even harder. And, while ‘Block’ may give you some breathing room, it also has a nasty habit of attracting bosses to the fight.
Solstice Chronicle: MIA is set to have a number of features upon release, including:
- Tactical, twin-stick shooter including two-player couch co-op.
- Story-based, 18 mission campaign branching from the events of The Red Solstice.
- Survival mode in which you decide when to EVAC, and when to push for bigger rewards.
- Customize skill-trees of four classes – Assault, Demolition, Hellfire, and Terminator.
- Upgradeable weaponry including shotguns, rocket launchers, flamethrowers, and more.
- Use your drone’s abilities to aid in combat, manage threat levels, and scavenge supplies.