CAMBRIDGE, MASS. and SAN DIEGO – Mar. 15, 2011 – Slam Bolt Scrappers, the brawling and building mash-up from Fire Hose Games, published by Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE), is now available exclusively on the PlayStation®Network for US $14.99.
Slam Bolt Scrappers is the ultimate mash-up of crazy, beat-em-up brawling and fast-paced, puzzle building, set inside the explosive Slam Bolt universe. One to four players race to build powerful, weapon-packed towers from colored blocks that drop arcade-style into the playing field in either the gloriously chaotic battle mode or the epic co-op campaign.Each color set will create a different weapon system used to defend against enemy attacks, or go on the offensive with lasers, missiles, and more.
“As a leading publisher of independent titles, SOE is excited to introduce Slam Bolt Scrappers exclusively to the PlayStation Network,” said Micah Loucks, Senior Producer at Sony Online Entertainment. “Fire Hose Games is a highly-innovative development team and have succeeded in creating a fast-paced, one-of-a-kind gaming experience that casual and hardcore fans will all enjoy.”
Slam Bolt Scrappers for the PlayStation Network features:
- Devastating weaponry and a high degree of battle variation that provides a deep and satisfying experience with tons of replayability
- Cooperative campaign where up to four players work together, unlocking new weapons, characters and collectibles along the way
- Unique gameplay with both button mashing brawling and puzzle-based building that is unlike anything you’ve ever imagined, yet is still easy to pick up and play
- A wild aesthetic filled with flying heroes, colorful settings and adorable baddies
- Competitive multiplayer where up to four players can join the fast and frantic brawl, fighting each other or battling deviously intelligent computer-controlled AI enemies
- Campaign and Battle modes that take players from Downtown Slam Bolt City, to icy mountaintops, flying sky cities, and even an end of days Armageddon setting, as they take on flying ninjas, winged baddies and giant bosses
- Seventeen collectable PlayStation Network trophies and unique challenges that unlock tons of different hats for players’ in-game brawlers
Slam Bolt Scrappers, the ultimate crowd pleaser party game, is rated E for Everyone with a content descriptor of Cartoon Violence and is now available exclusively on the PlayStation Network for US $14.99.
For additional information and assets, please visit:
About Sony Online Entertainment
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers around the globe. SOE creates, develops and provides compelling entertainment for the personal computer, online game console and wireless devices. Known for its blockbuster franchises and hit titles including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, Champions of Norrath®, Untold Legends™, PlanetSide®, and the recently launched DC Universe Online™, as well as the recent kids’ phenomena Free Realms® and Star Wars®: Clone Wars Adventures™, SOE continues to redefine the business of online gaming and the creation of active player communities. Headquartered in San Diego, CA, with additional development studios in Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, Denver, CO, and Tucson, AZ, SOE has an array of cutting-edge games in development across various platforms and genres for audiences of all ages.
SOE, the SOE logo, EverQuest, Free Realms, and PlanetSide are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. Legends of Norrath is a trademark of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.
About Fire Hose Games
Fire Hose Games is a new inde game studio running on sunshine and caffeine. Founded in 2008 by the first graduates of MIT’s GAMBIT Game Lab, Fire Hose’s offices are located in the Cambridge, Massachusetts hood, east side. For more information, please visit www.firehosegames.com, check us out on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter. Slam Bolt Scrappers 2010 Fire Hose Games, Inc. Slam Bolt Scrappers logo, Fire Hose Games and the Fire Hose Games logo are trademarks of Fire Hose Games, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
For more information please visit: //www.firehosegames.com/