Interactive Fate, an Estonian team of indie developers, is taking you all on the Shortest Trip To Earth soon. Launching later this year, it’s described as a “roguelike spaceship simulator” that combines procedurally generated environments with strategy tactical battles and decisions.
Pick your ship, recruit your crew, add robots and weapons, and blast off. When you’re confronted with something dangerous, be it a hostile ship of aliens or plundering space pirates, you’ll be thrown into the battle screen where your choices determine who makes it out. As you progress, you’ll uncover a storyline that changes every time you play through multiple-choice decisions.
Also, if you die, that’s it — you’ve gotta build your ship back up again from scratch. Shortest Trip To Earth is unforgiving, but the better you play, the more perks you can unlock to increase your survival chances next time.
– Master the art of survival in unexplored space!
– Traverse a procedurally generated universe full of intrigue
– Ship customization & crew management
– Epic real-time tactical space battles
– Onboard combat, featuring hostile intruders, drones and battle-hardened pets
– Hundreds of random events with unique outcomes
– Uncover fascinating and exotic stories from across the universe