Shortest Trip To Earth entered Steam Early Access on October 9. Interactive Fate, an Estonian team of indie developers, created a “roguelike spaceship simulator” that combines procedurally generated environments with strategy tactical battles and decisions.
Pick your ship, recruit your crew, add robots and weapons, and blast off. When you’re confronted with something dangerous, be it a hostile ship of aliens or plundering space pirates, you’ll be thrown into the battle screen where your choices determine who makes it out. As you progress, you’ll uncover a storyline that changes every time you play through multiple-choice decisions.
Also, if you die, that’s it — you’ve gotta build your ship back up again from scratch. Shortest Trip To Earth is unforgiving, but the better you play, the more perks you can unlock to increase your survival chances next time.
Now Shortest Trip To Earth has received an update that adds the mysterious Sector Six to the game. Expect new events, new storylines and new battles….plus, pets can now be given commands, your crew has been tweaked to be more responsive, and reactors and engines are now automated.
– Master the art of survival in unexplored space!
– Traverse a procedurally generated universe full of intrigue
– Ship customization & crew management
– Epic real-time tactical space battles
– Onboard combat, featuring hostile intruders, drones and battle-hardened pets
– Hundreds of random events with unique outcomes
– Uncover fascinating and exotic stories from across the universe
Shortest Trip To Earth is planned to reach completion sometime in the second quarter of 2019. It’s perfectly playable in Early Access form though. Here’s what the latest update looks like…