Polish game makers MGP Studios have announced their latest, Sand is the Soul, will be hitting computers via Steam this November.
As far as game genre mashups go, this is a cool one. Sand is the Soul mixes the gothic vibe of Castlevania with the fast-paced combat of mid-90s fighting games and the morality system of more modern adventure titles.
In the Victorian city of Crosshill, you play as a diplomatic messenger/courier with an assignment to deliver vital documents. Whether you do so or not is up to you, and your choice will affect the game’s story — and who comes to beat you up.
- Gloomy post-punk Victorian setting
- Challenging skill driven combat system
- Total control over your story — Follow or abandon missions, choose to fight or be diplomatic.
- Unique morality system where even the most mundane choices have real consequences.
- Branching storyline with 30 possible outcomes.
- Multiple paths and solutions create abundant possibilities every playthrough.
- A New Game Plus Mode that allows players to carry over stats, weapons, and other items into an even more challenging world which reflects your prior experiences.
- Dynamic soundtrack that changes as you play.
Sand is the Soul sure looks intriguing. Watch for it to land on Steam November 15.