There will be more than one free season of DLC content added to World War Z, Saber Interactive announced today.
Launched last April, the game, based on the movie, is predominantly a multiplayer experience. You can play the main four-player co-op, utiilzing six distinct classes and tons of weapons and traps in locations set around the world, from New York to Moscow. Or you can try out Players Vs. Players Vs. Zombies, sending you against the undead and other players in any of the five modes:: Scavenge Raid, Vaccine Hunt, Swarm Deathmatch, Swarm Domination or King of the Hill.
World War Z’s first season of updates included the Weekly Challenge mode, “The Undead Sea” Tokyo mission, and the six-skulls extreme difficulty setting, among other offerings. Now a second season is on the way, and it’ll cost nothing, just like the first. Look forward to these additions:
- Two challenging new PvE missions set in Moscow and New York.
- The highly anticipated introduction of a wave-based horde mode – Horde Mode Z.
- A dangerous new zombie type.
- PvE crossplay support.
- The ability to prestige rank up for new weapon skins and perks.
- A fiery new weapon and new cosmetic items.
World War Z is available now for $39.99 (PS4, XBox One) or $34.99 (Epic Games Store).