Publisher Iceberg Interactive and indie developer Corbie Games revealed today their train tycoon strategy game Railroad Corporation is steam-powering its way onto Steam Early Access later this month.
You are an employee of a 19th century railroad company in the Golden Age of Steam. Climb the corporate ladder by choosing the best areas to plant new railroad lines. Build bridges, blast tunnels through mountains, and become king of the rails.
“Allowing players to play the game in Early Access ensures that we can focus on improving the game in advance of the full release later this year,” says Yurij Ishchuk, CEO at Corbie Games. “Since the game is unique in that it incorporates both strategy and tycoon elements, as well as a multiplayer mode, we want to make sure that we listen to the community’s feedback in order to develop the best possible version of the game for the full release.”
- A wide selection of trains: Choose from a variety of different and historically-accurate locomotives, depending on their maximum pulling mass, speed and mileage, along with their respective upkeep cost.
- Geographical impact: Get an idea on how soil type, elevation and geographical features such as rivers can impact your railroad construction.
- Realistic Missions: Explore the extensive and historically accurate 19th century missions.
- Diverse Companies: Begin working for a company on your journey towards running your own corporation.
- Fierce Competition: Learn how the stock market influences the value of your and your competitor’s companies.
- Multiplayer mode: Compete against other players in the quest towards building the most successful railroad corporation.
What’s the way to run a railroad? Find out for yourself. Railroad Corporation launches on Steam Early Access May 27.