Petroglyph® today announced that it has partnered with Alienware™ for the Rise of Immortals™ 2011 Holiday Challenge. This in-game event for the free-to-play Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) game, challenges players to rack up the most amount of game time through December 21. Winners will receive Alienware hardware and in-game currency.
Beginning at 12:01am PST on November 22, Rise of Immortals players will be invited to compete on the game’s five-versus-five-player map as often as possible through midnight PST on December 21. The players who rack up the most in-game time, as determined by Petroglyph, will receive the following prizes:
· First place: Alienware M14x Laptop (MSRP $1400), Alienware Tactx™ Keyboard (MSRP $79.99), Alienware Tactx Mouse (MSRP $79.99), Alienware Tactx Headset (MSRP $59.99), and will also receive one copy of every item currently available on the Rise of Immortals in-game store.
· Second place: Alienware Tactx Keyboard, Alienware Tactx Mouse, and 5000 Petroglyph coins for use in the Rise of Immortals in-game store.
· Third place: Alienware Tactx Headset and 2000 Petroglyph coins.
An additional 50 players chosen at random will each receive 1000 Petroglyph coins just for playing during the Holiday Challenge. A player can increase their changes of being selected to receive free coins by logging into the game and actively participating in a match each day during the event period. In addition, everyone who logs into the game during the event period will receive a special limited-time Alienware-themed skin for the Immortal Psychozen. New players will also receive 200 Petroglyph coins.
The Rise of Immortals 2011 Holiday Challenge celebrates the game’s new integration with AlienFX™. Players who play Rise of Immortals on compatible Alienware systems will see the AlienFX lighting zones respond to in-game events, turning their PCs into a real-world extension of the game world.
Detailed information about the 2011 Holiday Challenge can be found at: http://www.riseofimmortals.com/events/2011_holiday_challenge
Rise of Immortals features the popular action-strategy gameplay of traditional MOBA games, but adds enhanced socialization features, along with persistent character progression – a first for the MOBA genre. In addition, Rise of Immortals features a social hub where players can show off their enhanced Immortals, chat, emote, browse leaderboards, shop, update friend lists and more. Players also have the option of taking their Immortals through cooperative Player versus Environment (PvE) scenarios to learn the game, try out new abilities, and earn persistent experience before jumping into Player versus Player (PvP) matches.
Features of Rise of Immortals:
· 15 unique Immortals with additional Immortals released on a regular basis
· Persistent per-Immortal level progression and skill trees
· Persistent artifacts for stat enhancements
· Player versus Environment instances with boss encounters
· Player versus Player instances with up to 5v5 multiplayer
· Player versus Bot instances with up to three-person cooperative play
· Persistent experience and leveling in both PvP and PvE instances
· Account and Immortal statistics tracking
· Player hub instances for socialization
· Rise of Immortals Website: http://www.riseofimmortals.com
· RoI on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/riseofimmortals
· RoI on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/riseofimmortals
· RoI on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/riseofimmortals
· RoI on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/riseofimmortals