Never Give Up, a new platformer from Tasselfoot and Massive Monster, has one goal: to be one of the toughest, most hair-pulling, most massively unfair video game experiences of your life. You play as a blue stickman, voiced by Arin “Egoraptor” Hanson, who faces one ridiculous challenge after another. After a few sessions of Never Give Up, the words “Game Grump” will describe you as well.
Just when you think you’ve mastered your skills, Never Give Up takes that as its cue to introduce obstacles that are even harder. Each level is worse than the one before it, and the game mocks you if you defy its title and hit the “Give Up” button. We should explain that this is the spiritual successor to Give Up and Give Up 2, two other hard-as-nails platformers by Tasselfoot and Massive Monster that had over 40,000 YouTubers hurling their controllers / keyboards into the wall.
- Iterative level design lets players build their mastery while generating new challenges at every turn.
- We warned you that this game is hard, and every time you fail we’re going to make fun of you until you GIVE UP. It builds character.
- Unique GIVE UP button lets you take the coward’s way out without stopping your in-game advancement.
- Built-in splits timer for speedrunners let you track every piece of route optimization on every iteration.
- Do you like seeing clowns, robots, alligators and mimes dismembered by buzzsaws? Us too. Unlock all 20 costumes by finding collectibles and secrets in each level!
- One of the Game Grumps! Egoraptor! Yes, Arin Hanson voices the dashingly handsome and occasionally dismembered BLUE!
Do you dare to take on Never Give Up? You don’t have to if you don’t want to. But there’s a certain section of the gaming market that lives for challenges like this, and Tasselfoot and Massive Monster know it. The game is available now for Switch, PC and Mac.