Blinkclick Games announced this week they will be delivering the puzzle platformer My Father My Son to Steam in 2022.
What’s the interesting thing about this one? The fact that you’re controlling two characters at once. You play as a father and son washed up on a deserted island. Wandering through 2.5D environments, you must take advantage of each character’s strengths to survive: the father can break down barriers and lift heavy objects, while the son can squeeze through narrow passageways and climb cliffs.
Though most of the obstacles the pair face will be puzzle-based, there will be action elements to deal with from time to time, like rolling boulders….or that nagging feeling that they AREN’T truly alone. Both the father and son can be controlled with the keys on a kayboard, or It will be possible to play My Father My Son in co-op mode with a friend, just in case playing by yourself feels too weird.
● Play alone, controlling two characters or in co-op (local on one screen or
● Choose any method to control both characters: using pads or the keyboard
● Solve environmental puzzles based on the co-operation of two characters with different abilities: a father and son
● Fight for survival in thrilling arcade sequences
● Two characters and two tracks that you can change at any time
● Low-poly 2.5D side view game
● An engaging story about a father’s relationship with his son in a thriller atmosphere
BlinkClick plans to release My Father My Son on PC next year. Console releases will soon follow — versions for Playstation, Switch and XBox are all planned.