Mad Machines is an endless online multiplayer running arena brawler that’s been in test mode on Steam Early Access for quite some time…but no longer. The game has officially graduated into a full-fledged Steam product, and it’s available in complete form today.
The game’s main mode is an eight-player free-for-all match in a giant arena. You and your friends take control of giant blocky robots and engage in destructive, explosive combat against one another. When you’re not fighting, you can customize your robot with different items and weapons.
But the finished version of Mad Machines includes a new game mode, Mad King. It’s a never-ending battleground that anyone can enter or exit at any time. Your single goal is to defeat the current Mad King and take their place. Only one Mad King can be crowned at a time, and no single King can hold onto the tiara for long.
The finalized Mad Machines also includes new characters, customization options, tournaments and custom game modes. “We hope to be able to expand this new type of casual arena shooter and add more features from the io-genre,” says Carsten Nissen, CEO at developer Hero Blocks.
- 24 hour running matches. Ends daily in 24 hour loops. Globally. Anyone can join and leave whenever they wish.
- Characters are made of blocks, which represent their health and can be collected for repairing your own character, as well as being a big part of collecting points and growing larger as King.
- Parkour agile double jump movement allowing freedom in movement and combat.
- Pickups, weapons and specials, are completely RNG, you do not know what you get.
- Powerups are not RNG, you can see what you will get.
- 3 different classes with different speed, stats and abilities.
- Combo combat, projectiles, aoe and lasers.
Get into the chaos of Mad Brawler, available now on PC via Steam.