Publisher Iceberg Interactive and developer Lazarus Studio have announced Lunacy: Saint Rhodes, their first-person survival horror game, should be complete and out for release next year.
Iceberg hosted an early demo of the game on itch.io. Videos of that demo have gathered over four million YouTube views, with heavy hitters like Markiplier remarking that Lunacy “is a terrifying experience.” What’s the secret of this game that heightens its fright potential?
What tampers down the scare factor of some horror games is the fact that enemy AI eventually becomes predictable the more you play. But Lunacy: Saint Rhodes is anything but. It utilizes an advanced AI called The Author that studies your movement patterns and strategies, and adjusts the game accordingly. You’ll never know what to expect, and you can never truly feel safe! Mwa ha ha ha!
– An advanced AI watches your every move and ensures that you never really feel safe
– True atmospheric horror, enhanced by the beautifully crafted environments of Saint Rhodes
– Harrowing storyline involving a family with a dark past
– Terrifying enemies, all requiring a different approach
– Multiple paths to take and outcomes to experience
Iceberg and Lazarus plan to get Lunacy: Saint Rhodes out for PC sometime in 2019. Until then, let this trailer serve as your only warning….