Squidbit Works launched the Kickstarter campaign for their 8-bit styled action platformer Lords of Exile two days ago. It didn’t take long for them to reach their goal — in just 48 hours the game is fully funded. That means…stretch goal time!
In the Far East, in bloody ancient times of war, creatures of the darkness, and samurais, the lands of Exilia suffer the pains of a cruel war. The diabolical Galagar and his hordes make their way killing and destroying everything in their path, only a bloodthirsty cursed knight can restore hope and defeat the darkness.
Squidbit will add a soundtrack by Dominic Ninmark (Blazing Chrome, Rival Megagun) and Pentadrangle (Roof Rage, Cyber Shadow) if the campaign reaches 20,000 Euros (22,000 US dollars). They’ll even add Streets of Rage composer Yuzo Koshiro if the campaign reaches 30,000 Euros (about 33,000 US dollars). As of this writing the campaign is at $15,800…it’s fully possible to get all of these guys at the current pace. But not without your support!
- 8 levels in a classic linear design with powerful end-of-zone bosses!
- Throwing weapons, melee combat, down stab, jump, dashing… and more!
- Use the 3 powers of the shadows of Gabriel’s curse!
- 16-bit physics with a great retro feel and perfectly polished and integrated controls!
- Polished handcrafted 8-bit pixel art and fast animations in an awesome anime style.
- 8-bit SFX and OST enriched with some sounds from the Megadrive sound chip!
You can secure your own copy of Lords of Exile by pledging here. The game has been confirmed for Steam and Switch, but negotiations for PS4 and XBox One versions are still ongoing. A digital copy costs $17 for Steam, $20 for Switch. A $33 pledge throws in the soundtrack and with $50 you’ll get a PDF of the manual. You have until June 18!