When you think “bubble shooter,” games like Bust-A-Move typically come to mind…or “Puzzle Bobble” if you want to use the correct Japanese name. Los Angeles-based studio Skyborne Games wants to take the genre into new areas….and they’ve created their new game LightSlinger Heroes to do just that.
In the world the game is set, powerful monsters rampage the land, and the only ones who can stop them are the titular LightSlingers. After you start the game and choose your faction, you’ll defeat enemies by dealing damage in the match-3 style familiar to bubble shooter players. As you may guess, combos deal more damage. But the game rules go more in-depth than that….special effects that benefit your party can be activated on the field by specific actions, like “Wild Bubbles” – allowing players to shoot 3 bubbles for a turn – or “Combo Effects” such as Heal/Attack All when you match 5 of a color.
- Bubble shooter + RPG: Think Puzzle & Dragons meets Panda Pop.
- Endless hero combos: One hero can set explosive bubble traps, while another can fire a piercing shot to trigger the traps.
- Real-time raid battles: Work with your guildmates to take down bosses in real-time or steal the last hit from your rivals!
- PvP arena: Battle other players’ teams to become the top player.
- Guilds: Invite your friends, and play together to unlock guild chests – then strategize to take down mammoth guild bosses.
- Endless Surprise: Participate in 3 different event quests – tactical challenge dungeons, procedural puzzle adventures, and co-op MMO-style guild raids.
All this and more is included in LightSlinger Heroes. The game will be out on iOS and Android April 25, and will be free to play.