As of today, KOG Games’ latest MMO is now available around the world, and it’s not even finished yet.
KOG was the team responsible for MMORPGs like Elsword and Grand Chase — KurtzPel is their latest. Like Grand Chase before it, KurtzPel is a third-person action title with anime visuals. KOG has been putting the game through several closed and public beta tests over the last few months, and it hit Steam Early Access in North America last April.
KOG has uploaded a Global Launch trailer to YouTube (see below) about the world of KurtzPel and what new players can expect. For those in the States who have been playing for the past two months, KOG has added the following changes and improvements:
- Character Stat redistribution, using CP (in-game currency)
- Supply Boxes! When players gather AP (Mastery) respective to each Box Type, players can purchase that Supply Box with CP (in-game currency)
- Advanced Supply Box Rates and contents have been adjusted; each Weapon Advanced Supply Box will have four new weapons
- 2 new types of PvP missions are available: ‘Practice Probatio’ and ‘Official Probatio’
- ‘Practice Probatio’ includes 3 vs 3 death match, Capture the Flag, and Conquest modes and allows players to PvP without affecting their rank
- ‘Official Probatio’ includes 2 vs 2 death match and Capture the Flag modes.
- Conquest Mode is coming soon to ‘Official Probatio’
- Players can now inspect other players by selecting “View Player Info”
- Players will know when they slay their opponent via the new ‘Kill Log’
- ‘Screenshot Mode’ allows players to hide the UI to take better screenshots
- Weapons max modification count is increased by 1
- Karmas (weapons) are now obtained on the first Epic Mission and Karma Crystals (skills) are rewarded for completion of the second and third Epic Missions
KurtzPel is a free to play game that supports itself with DLC packs. The Early Access version is launching with two, called Founder’s Packs. They include Steam Exclusive Costume sets, the “Vanguard Combat Suit” set, and two DLCs, Diabolic Witch and Blazing Fist, which activate missions you must play to unlock weapons, additional content and rewards.
In KurtzPel, classic action game dynamics are enabled when players outfit their characters with 2, separate jobs (called Karma) that can be swapped out and utilized interchangeably, mid-combat.
Players can enjoy various 2v2 PvP Modes; queued up by a smart, automated match-making system, player created 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 Custom Missions. Or, players can embark upon a larger-than-life, raid style, quest-driven battle system against big, bad boss monsters.
The finalized version of KurtzPel will launch worldwide this summer. Keep an eye on www.kurtzpel.com.