We would imagine Square Enix is pleased with the stratospheric sales of Kingdom Hearts 3, released late January. There was one complication, however, they hadn’t accounted for: the existence of the third game ended up driving demand so high for the rest of the series, the compliation became impossible to find.
Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far is a repackage of the two releases KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX and KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE. The all-in-one Story So Far replaced them both, and was originally released last October. A whopping nine games were included within:
KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
- KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX
- KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories
- KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days (HD Remastered cinematics)
- KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX
- KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep Final MIX
- KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded (HD Remastered cinematics)
KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE
- KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance HD
- KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep –A fragmentary passage–
- KINGDOM HEARTS χ Back Cover (movie)
While the events of these games are recapped in a series of videos included with Kingdom Hearts 3, it wasn’t enough for a lot of fans, who felt the urge to replay the classics. Why Square thought they could short-change supply under these circumstances is a mystery to us, but they’ll be correcting their blunder soon,
Square has announced a second printing of Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far, which will be available at all major retailers and online March 15. It will be the same package, with the same price: $39.99. This time, don’t wait to pick it up….