Atlus has released an online patch for PlayStation users and has announced a limited time price reduction! That’s not all though because all paid KOF XIII entrants to the EVO World Finals will receive a special bonus!
IRVINE, CALIFORNIA — JANUARY 31, 2012 — ATLUS and developer SNK PLAYMORE today released the a highly anticipated patch intended to address various issues for THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII, the latest in the legendary fighting franchise, for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system (PS3™) and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.
The game update, now available on PlayStation®Network and coming soon to Xbox LIVE®, addresses a number of issues, many of which negatively affected online gameplay experience:
- Ranked Match Filtering: One of the most requested additions, players may now set conditions for their opponent’s connection. When a player who doesn’t meet the standby conditions tries to enter the Ranked match, a warning message will be displayed and the match cancelled.
- Improved Filtering: Filtering functionality in general has seen dramatic improvements. Previously, certain connection data was not filtered sufficiently and the player had a chance of connecting to opponents with poor connection quality. Now, more aggressive filtering should ensure that players are only matched with opponents who meet their filter settings.
- Improved Connection Antenna: The computation behind the players’ connection antenna, the meter indicating the quality of a player’s connection, has been improved, resulting in a more accurate and consistent measurement.
- Temporarily Saved Custom Match Settings: Players may continue searching for opponents with the same settings as long as the player remains in the PLAYER MATCH/RANKED MATCH menu.
- Character-specific Bug Fixes: “NESTS-Style” Kyo and Iori with the Power of Flames no longer become unresponsive under certain circumstances.
- Additional refinements, fixes, and more!
In celebration of the update’s release, ATLUS also today announced a limited time $10 price reduction, dropping the game to $39.99 and making it even easier to justify picking up what GameSpot hailed as the “Best Fighting Game of 2011.” This discount also comes in commemoration of the title’s selection as an official part of Evo Championship Series, for which ATLUS today revealed a special bonus for all all paid KOF XIII entrants at the Evo World Finals.
Upon formally registrating for the KOF XIII tournament at Evo 2012, challengers will reserve an exclusive, extremely limited t-shirt featuring Mai Shiranui and the Evo Championship Series logo. Not only is the t-shirt poised to become an ultra-rare collectible, but because sizing information is taken as part of the registration process, public flauntability is ensured as well.
It looks like Atlus is really going all out for King of Fighters XIII and giving fans some nice discounts and bonuses. Great to see such good support for a game.