Kid Icarus: Uprising Patent Revealed – New Streetpass Feature?
A new patent has been discovered revealing an unannounced feature for Kid Icarus: Uprising….
– patent credits Masahiro Sakurai
– patent details a feature for an unspecified shooting game
– patent involves transmission between two systems
– includes a process for fusing pairs of in-game weapons together
– each piece of data in the exchange represents a weapon
– when two systems meet, this weapon data can be fused into a new weapon
– fusion costs coins
– weapons set to transmit cannot be equipped by your character
– a gun and stick can fuse to create “a weapon capable of firing and using magic.”
– weapon stats are determined randomly from a pre-specified range
– these include attack power, elemental ability, stamina, shooting range
– fusion is not limited to StreetPassed weapons
– fusion can include two weapons found in treasure chests in single-player play