Game publisher SOEDESCO is preparing Kaze And The Wild Masks for mass release. A 2D platformer inspired by 90s mascot games, it’ll be released on Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, XBox One and PC…and the console versions will have physical editions.
You are Kaze, and your friend Hogo is in peril thanks to a curse that has stricken your island. Though you play as a rabbit, you’ll be able to do more than just hop. By collecting and wearing the Wild Masks mentioned in the title, you’ll be able to fly like an eagle, swim like a shark, gain the strength of a tiger, and run like a….lizard (look, you might have expected a cheetah, but some lizards can run very fast).
“Ever since the early development stages, we’ve always held a console version for the game in mind,” says André Schaan, CEO of Brazilian development studio PixelHive. “Kaze and the Wild Masks embraces all the classic 90’s platformer elements and we believe that both the Steam and console versions will truly complement the game in their own way. We can’t wait to bring nostalgic, yet modern-looking gameplay to today’s consoles.”
- Unleash the skills of the wild masks to get powers from the tiger, eagle, lizard and shark
- Uncover the secrets of the Crystal Islands in 30+ levels with over 50 bonus levels
- Relive your childhood memories of classic platformers with high quality frame by frame pixel art
- Pave your way through a satisfyingly smooth, but challenging platformer
- Refresh your ears with 25+ tracks inspired by the musical themes of the 16-bit era
If you own an XBox One, you can take Kaze for a spin right now. A free demo is available as part of the Xbox One Summer Game Fest until July 27. The full game currently has no definitive release date.