Daedalic Entertainment’s demented roguelike Iratus: Lord of the Dead has just received its first big content update, and it’s free for all who already own the game! Well…kind of. Two new minions are ready to serve you, but depending on whether or not you bought the Supporter Pack, there may be just one kind. The free ones are the Unfrozen, who can cast ice attacks, and the Supporter Pack exclusives are the Infested, zombies who spread germs and infections among enemy forces.
Along with new allies comes new enemies….you nowhave to face the Shadowelf, Ataman and Gargoyle, all of which require new strategies to deal with. There’s also a new “Endless Rise” mode that doesn’t end until Iratus bites it. See how far into a never-ending dungeon you can get.
An inversion of the classic hero vs. villain trope, this game sees you cast as Iratus, a necromancer banished to a dark dungeon prison. He’s seeking revenge, and knows just how to get it.
In most strategy tactics games you’re fighting monsters….this time YOU are the bad guy, and you’re MAKING monsters out of the heroes you capture. Defeated heroes can be Frankensteined back together into loyal minions, because mastery over the undead is your specialty. Then your monsters can be trained to fight for you utilizing over 50 different skills. Just be careful because if one of your minions dies (again), they vanish from the game.
- Be EVIL: Play as the villain and use dark necromantic powers to crush your heroic foes!
- Advanced turn-based battle system: Learn your enemies’ weak points, exploit them with physical and magical abilities, and attack their minds to drive them insane.
- Combat and choices with consequences: Classic roguelike features including character permadeath.
- Craft your army from the body parts of dead enemies: Select from 16 different types of undead minions like zombies, vampires, mummies, banshees and more with nearly 100 unique talents.
- Choose from four types of necromancer talents that change the way you play, including Alchemy, Magic, Ire and Destruction.
- Intelligent enemy AI and multiple difficulty levels to challenge even experienced RPG strategists.
- Expand and improve your underground lair with necromantic powers.
- Detailed stylized 2D graphics evoking classic dark fantasy atmosphere.
- Standout voice acting from Stephan Weyte, who played Caleb in the celebrated Blood franchise.
Iratus: Lord of the Dead was developed by Unfrozen, a new dev studio. Check out the early version today, and watch for additions and improvements to the game over the next few months.