Daedalic Entertainment has announced a July 24 release date for the early version of their roguelike Iratus: Lord of the Dead. An inversion of the classic hero vs. villain trope sees you cast as Iratus, a necromancer banished to a dark dungeon prison. He’s seeking revenge, and knows just how to get it.
In most strategy tactics games you’re fighting monsters….this time YOU are the bad guy, and you’re MAKING monsters out of the heroes you capture. Defeated heroes can be Frankensteined back together into loyal minions, because mastery over the undead is your specialty. Then your monsters can be trained to fight for you utilizing over 50 different skills. Just be careful because if one of your minions dies (again), they vanish from the game.
- Be EVIL: Play as the villain and use dark necromantic powers to crush your heroic foes!
- Advanced turn-based battle system: Learn your enemies’ weak points, exploit them with physical and magical abilities, and attack their minds to drive them insane.
- Combat and choices with consequences: Classic roguelike features including character permadeath.
- Craft your army from the body parts of dead enemies: Select from 16 different types of undead minions like zombies, vampires, mummies, banshees and more with nearly 100 unique talents.
- Choose from four types of necromancer talents that change the way you play, including Alchemy, Magic, Ire and Destruction.
- Intelligent enemy AI and multiple difficulty levels to challenge even experienced RPG strategists.
- Expand and improve your underground lair with necromantic powers.
- Detailed stylized 2D graphics evoking classic dark fantasy atmosphere.
- Standout voice acting from Stephan Weyte, who played Caleb in the celebrated Blood franchise.
Iratus: Lord of the Dead was developed by Unfrozen, a new dev studio. Look for it later this month.