The indie dev team Nuke Nine built up their roguelike platformer Vagante over a process that took five years. Now you can reap the fruits of their labor as the game sees release on all modern consoles at the end of this month.
Vagante is a vast world that consists of four unique dungeons, with a desaturated graphical style the team says was inspired by games like Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre. This one can be played co-op with up to four players exploring at once. Expect some of the typical roguelike trappings: permadeath, procedurally generated worlds, and lots of items to find. The game is already available on PC, and sports a 90% positive review rating from a pool of 3000 reviews.
- Support for up-to 4 players Local and Online Co-op – Join your friends and jump into the adventure!
- Class-based, Choose How You Play – Choose a unique class, skin, and background, then customize your character further as you play with your choice of unique class skills at each level.
- Procedurally Generated Dungeons – With procedurally generated levels, no two runs are ever the same, allowing for countless hours of gameplay.
- Permadeath and permanent specializations unlock system – As players progress further in the adventure, they will count with a broader range of playstyles, their characters won’t be technically stronger but instead their experience and learnings will make their skills improve over time.
- Enchanted Items – Discover magic items that bestow powerful enchantments and game changing abilities.
- Discover Secrets – Keep track of unlocked classes, backgrounds, music, and more in the Book of Secrets.
- Explore a Rich World – Explore four unique areas each with their own set of dangers such as monsters, unique bosses, and traps.
- Tough, but Fair – Play a game designed for players looking for a challenging but rewarding experience.
Vagante will be available on Playstation 5, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, XBox Series S/X and XBox One January 27. The price will be $14.99.